Monday, December 12, 2005

Mission

Phil. 3:12-14 Not that I have already obtained all this, or ahave already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

Yesterday we talked a bit about our mission as a group. I would encourage everyone to email Broc the ideas that you have for our mission.

Today I want to talk about a personal mission. Do you have a mission statement for your life? Do you have a direction that you are intentionally walking every day?

I have adopted Phil. 3:12-14 as my life verse. I have taken my mission statement from verse 12:

"to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me."

I know that it is a bit vague, but it is a reminder to me that every step I take needs to be going in the direction that Jesus is leading me. I do not know where he will lead me in 10 years. I do not know where he will lead me in 10 minutes. But, I must always be ready "to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me."

What is your mission?

1 Comments:

At 7:12 AM, Blogger darcy said...

So glad 20-Something's has a blog now! Yesterday's conversation was SO good. Thank you everyone who participated in a fab discussion. Can't wait to see what God has in store for our group in the future.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home