Monday, December 19, 2005

Well I believe...

Have you ever been there...involved in a conversation about beliefs with a "Christian" who is a bit confused? You may not be a Bible Scholar, but you know enough to question things when they start to say things like, "Well I believe that Jesus wasn't born of a virgin." Or, "Well I believe that Jesus sinned."

There are some beliefs in the Christian faith that divide the Church. There are some things that Christians can just agree to disagree on. However, there are some beliefs which are absolutely essential to the Christian faith. These beliefs MUST be accepted by ALL Christians.

Let's start a conversation about these beliefs. Post a response talking about one of the basics of Christianity, and why it is so vital that we accept this belief.

I'll go first. All Christians MUST believe that Christ lived a sinless life. The Bible says clearly that God CANNOT sin (James 1:13). Thus, if Christ had sinned, he would not have been God, his body would not have been a perfect sacrifice, and his death and resurrection would not hold the power to forgive us of our sins.

Now it is your turn...

2 Comments:

At 12:59 PM, Blogger darcy said...

All Christians must believe that Christ forgives our sins. Period. I know it's hard sometimes to let sins eat us up inside even though we've asked for forgiveness. We have got to realize that Christ has wiped our slate clean. I realized that when I don't forgive myself, I am basically saying, "God.. I realize YOU forgive me.. but I just can't forgive myself." This is me putting myself above God's awesome grace! A big no-no!
Through all this rambling, just remember that there isn't ANYTHING that God won't forgive. His perfect grace is sufficient for even me. =) MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

 
At 6:18 PM, Blogger christy marie said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home