Monday, February 12, 2007

Mid 20's Crisis

I think that I want to take a few weeks to do something different with the blog. Recently I have been thinking about how this is a tough age for a lot of people. As I look around at our age group I see some pretty common things that we struggle with. Many of us are no longer in the new adult stage of life that is marked with completion of high school or college. Do you remember how bright life seemed then? We couldn't wait to get our lives going.

Well now we are a few years past that...but we still are wanting to get our lives going! Many of us have young relationships, young families and young careers. We know that the foundation we lay now will be critical to the formation of the rest of our lives.

Unfortunatley I know that many of us sometimes struggle with these things. I thought we could take a few weeks to tackle a few issues and give each other some support for these things.

A few ground rules though...#1. Don't share someone else's business! If you do I will delete it. #2. Understand that as we talk about these topics, some will undoubtedly be personal to you. Please understand that I will never be talking about a specific person or friend.

So lets start with a survey. What are the things that you see people our age struggling with. What are the things we should talk about. Please leave your ideas in the comments.

Here is a start: We struggle with balancing schedules (job, spouse, kids, hobbies)

3 Comments:

At 10:19 AM, Blogger darcy said...

You took mine, sweetie.. I"m always struggling with my time. I do so much and am spread so thin that I feel like I'm only doing things 1/2 way. =/ I hate this and something needs to give but what???

 
At 1:01 PM, Blogger Dina said...

single-ness, relationships (shifting to more lasting ones), relating to married/parenting friends.

 
At 8:10 AM, Blogger My_Expressions said...

I think something people, including myself struggle with in their mid 20's is knowing how to change their life. I have always been excited about my career and have moved up quickly for my age, BUT now, I'm getting bored and want to change my career but not sure how because I've invested my time in my current field. In addition, I debate about having kids, thinking that would make me happier and complete. Overall, the mid 20's suck. I can't wait until I'm 50 and am close to retirement. =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home