Monday, November 20, 2006

Thanksgiving

1 Peter tells of something almost indescribable. It is something so great that it can make you "greatly rejoice" even though you "suffer grief." Though you have never seen it, you can be "filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy." It is something that the great prophets of the Old Testament "searched intently and with the greatest care, trying to find out the time and circumstances to which" this would be revealed.

It is something so great that...are you ready for this one...seriously, you'd better sit down. OK here it goes: 1 Peter 1:12 "...Even Angels long to look into these things."

Wow! Can you imagine something so great that Angels long to look at them! That must be something spectacular. What is this thing? It is the gift of Salvation through Jesus Christ.

I'm pretty sure that both people who read this (I love you Darcy and Mom) are already Christians. With that in mind, here is my question. Do you remember that you are saved, and do you have joy about it? I know that it is hard to be joyful when life is tough. There are many days that it is hard for me to smile too. But, lets try to remember the amazing gift of grace and the joy that comes with it.

1 Comments:

At 9:58 AM, Blogger darcy said...

DARIN.. more than myself and your mother read this blog, silly boy! KEEP IT UP!! K?

I know I take my salvation for granted. I've been saved for awhile now and can easily get caught up in the "church" stuff that doesn't matter. When my stresses get to be too much (as you know they have been lately!) I need to remember what REALLY counts.. keeping my eye on the goal. =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home