Wednesday, August 09, 2006

"Marriage in Progress"

This post will be a glance into my personal life. Recently my marriage has not been what my wife and I would like it to be. Now, lets not let the rumor train leave the station- let me explain. Our marriage was still good...but not great. Individually we were both stressed out about various things. We brought these stresses into our marriage, and it kept it from being all that it could be.

One night we had a heart to heart talk before we went to sleep. We talked about the things that were stressing us out. We also talked about the way that we were slowly letting the spiritual part of our marriage die. When we were first married we had a ritual. Every night we would tell the other person what our favorite part about them was that day. This was a great way to thank each other and praise each other. After that we would pray. Well, this had totally stopped, so during our heart to heart we decided to start doing that again.

The difference has been incredible. We are intentionally including God in our family again. It has been the best part of our marriage and our love is deeper than ever. Yesterday my wife actually made the statement, "I had so much joy about you today!" Other than, "I do," that might be the sweetest thing she has ever said to me. Praise God for blessing me so much!

I know that this post is different from what I usually do. I just wanted to share with everyone and to encourage everyone to pray for and in their marriages (and if you are single- pray for your future marriage). I speak out of love and my vast marriage experience (1 year, 2 months, 12 days, 3 minutes)

3 Comments:

At 12:40 PM, Blogger darcy said...

=)

Love you, D.

 
At 9:37 PM, Blogger RACHEL =) said...

Darcy linked so I had to take a peak!!!
Awww, you are SO sweet Darin!! And truly inspirational! Thanks for making me think more about things Scott and I forget to do that we SHOULD do! =)

 
At 7:00 AM, Blogger Jess said...

Hey Darin!! :)

I got to your site through Dina's site. I hope you don't mind. Anyway...great thoughts on your blog! And what a great marriage idea that you shared. It was also nice to read your personal piece and I am sure it was appreciated by all your readers. I just wanted to say that I enjoyed your blog and I hope all is well with you and your family!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home