Tuesday, July 18, 2006

The answer is...

Hello again. I'm back after spending a week with the Jr. Highers. Here is the answer to the question I posed two weeks ago.

Ephesians 3:17-19 says, "I pray that you...may...grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge."

(quick recap- there are several different Greek words which are translated knowledge. One word seems to be factual in nature one seems to be a deeper relational meaning)

The question is which "knowledge" is Ephesians 3:19 using?

(Thanks for taking a guess Nichole. I thought the same thing.)

A few weeks ago I was having fun going through and guessing which "knowledge" was used in different verses. I was getting pretty good at it when I came upon this verse. I confidently guessed "factual" knowledge. I was disappointed and confused when I looked and I was wrong.

This verse says that the love of Christ goes beyond, not "factual" knowledge, but "relational" knowledge. I was disappointed because my understanding had failed.

But, my disappointment slowly faded away when I began to realize what it was saying. Even in our deepest, most intimate relationship with Christ...even in that knowledge of him...his love for us is greater still...greater than we can imagine. OH how great is our God!

And so now "I pray that you...may...grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home