Thursday, May 25, 2006

Immigration and Aliens

If the title made you read this looking for a political discussion...look somewhere else. This is about something else.

Recently some things in this world have really ticked me off. Racism ticks me off, and between Barry Bonds and immigration I've about reached my limit of racist comments (coming from all people- white, black, brown, purple and pink). Why can't the ignorance of racism just disappear. Other things tick me off too. It ticks me off when I see people choosing to not do the right thing. It makes me mad when I have to clean up a mess for someone who was too lazy to clean it up themself. War worries me. How much longer will we have soldiers dying, people in Iraq dying, and terrorism. I hope to be a father some day. Child abusers tick me off. Speaking of fathers, mine was killed a few months ago, and I'm crying as I write this.

Say it with me, "Life isn't fair."

But here is the good news:

Read what God says in Hebrews Chapter 11. The Bible has just listed the names of some of the most Godly men in history. We pick up the story in verse 13.

"All these people were still living by faith when they died. They did not receive the things promised; they only saw them and welcomed them from a distance. And they admitted that they were aliens and strangers on the earth. People who say such things show that they are looking for a contry of their own...they were longing for a better country- a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has prepared a city for them."

Later in the chapter it is talking about all the things that these Godly people had suffered. Verses 37 and 38 say, "...[they were] persecuted and mistreated- the world was not worthy of them."

The Bible basically is telling us that this world isn't our home. We are just missionaries living here for a little while. If I were a missionary in Africa, I wouldn't expect everything to go the way I wanted it to. After all it isn't my home. These people have different customs, different values, and different ideas. But I wouldn't get frustrated. I would simply continue to tell them about Jesus.

Brothers and sisters, this isn't our home. This world has different customs, different values, and different ideas. Lets not get frustrated. Lets simply continue to tell the world about Jesus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home