Friday, September 15, 2006

The B Word

Lately I've been far to busy of using that foul little four letter B word. You know the one that can cause you to the stress to the point that your body and mind just quit. It can be the best excuse for not doing anything that you really should do. That's right, I've said "Busy."

Anyway this week I've had some early morning breakfasts with kids in our church. I've told myself that I'm too busy to get up even earlier and read my Bible.

I hate it when I do that...but I still do it. Why don't I just have the discipline to read my Bible every day.

Anyway, this morning I left myself about 10 minutes to read it (dang- I just realized I was trying to do the microwave/fast food church thing that I complained about in my last post- talk about being a work in progress). Anyway, in my microwaved quiet time I only read 4 verses. They stopped me pretty quickly. It is amazing how God's word speaks so clearly when you want to listen. These were the words:

Luke 10:38-42
As Jesus and his disciples were on their way, he came to a village where a woman named Martha opened her home to him. She had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord’s feet listening to what he said. But Martha was distracted by all the preparations that had to be made. She came to him and asked, "Lord, don’t you care that my sister has left me to do the work by myself? Tell her to help me!"

"Martha, Martha," the Lord answered, "you are worried and upset about many things, but only one thing is needed. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her."

Take a minute to think about the words of Jesus. Remember to spend some time with him today.

2 Comments:

At 8:10 AM, Blogger darcy said...

Geez, nothing like telling me what I needed to hear!!! You know, D.. that lately I can't relax. Too much going on. My brain won't stop. I just can't stop being busy. My alone time has totally suffered. =/ Thanks for reminding me what REALLY matters.

 
At 4:12 AM, Blogger Dina said...

Thanks for the reminder. I've been getting lots of those lately.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home