Thursday, February 15, 2007

Mid-20s-Crisis Part II

Thanks for the ideas. Remember the ground rules: don't talk about someone else's life! Also realize that none of us have "life" all figured out, so let's make this a discussion.

Here is the first topic. How do we balance our schedules? What do we want our priorities to be and what does our life show that our priorities actually are.

I want my priorities in life to be serving God, loving Darcy, being a good father, being a good friend/brother/son/cousin...and impacting my community. I love my job as a youth pastor, I'm passionate about my role as a coach, and I can't get enough of my wife. Many times this leaves me lacking in the good friend category. I know that I need some lines, so here are some that I've tried to make.

1. A date with Darcy every week
2. Only two or three mornings and two evenings per week devoted to youth group kids (though this might change when our baby gets here).
3. Every Monday night is dinner with my extended family.
4. I love to play softball, but realize that I will probably have to give this up this summer
5. I'm coaching Upward Basketball (which is a good thing), but have already filled my schedule with enough coaching, so I will give that up too.

The place that I get in the most trouble is with coaching. I know that through coaching I can serve God and impact our community...and I love it, but it takes so much time.

I'm a work in progress, so I know things will change. I also know that things probably need to change.

What about the rest of you. What things do you do to balance your schedule?

1 Comments:

At 9:10 PM, Blogger nashipae said...

Darin, is that you? It's Bethany Ropp. Olivia just emailed me and was asking what/where you are now? And since I don't, I thought I'd try googling you. How exciting to hear that you are married and have a little one! If you ever get a chance, give us a shout out. bethanyropp@yahoo.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home