Tuesday, January 31, 2006

The Call

I'm going to take a quick break from our "Well I believe..." series...because I'm loosing a little bit of energy for it, and I think everyone else is too. So, it will be back...just not this week.

Have you ever heard of Moses? Here is a short list of his accomplishments: led millions of people out of slavery into a free land; he was the person who received the 10 Commandments from God; got water out of a rock; stood courageously before one of the most powerful kings in the world; parted the Red Sea so that the people could escape from an army...Basically he was the greatest leader in world history (if you are a History buff, don't argue with me...I'm not looking for a fight...we can atleast agree that he was a VERY Great Leader).

But here is the thing. Moses wasn't great at the beginning of his life, he had doubts just like we do everyday. In addition to being doubtful he had trouble speaking, was a murderer, and was a coward.

Yet, despite all these flaws, God choose to use Moses. God has also called each of us to do work for His kingdom.

Here is my question: what has God called you to do? How is He using your life?

2 Comments:

At 8:42 AM, Blogger darcy said...

Hmmm.. sometimes I wonder if God called me to work at CTB!?? Not sure sometimes. I know God's using me with my gymnasts and the supa cool gals in our youth group. Hopefully, someday, God will call me to be a mom. But this is a great post, Darin. So many of us that have screwed up early in our lives.. God can totally use those experiences to further his kingdom.. just gotta seek Him and let Him do his work.

 
At 7:38 AM, Blogger Darin said...

Thanks for the posts ladies. I like them!

Jes are you going to be around for 20 somethings on Saturday? If so, would you care if I'd do a study on accepting help...and how hard it is to do it? I know I can be pretty stubborn about it, and I think we could probably get a pretty good discussion going about it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home